Ativan 1mg is recommended for treating anxiety disorders like generalized anxiety disorder (in case of excessive worry and restlessness), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic attacks, and social phobias. It is also prescribed for short-term relief from the symptoms of anxiety.
Ativan 1mg treats the symptoms of anxiety-like nervousness, fast breathing, increased heart rate, excessive sweating, trembling, weakness, and lack of concentration. This medicne can be used with or without food as per the prescription of the medicine. However, it is suggested to take Ativan 1mg at the same time daily, and it helps in maintaining the even level of medicine in the body. It has a high potential of habit-forming, so take this as per advised by the doctor.
The patient should not suddenly stop the consumption of Ativan 1mg as it causes sweating, goose bumps, vomiting, anxiety, insomnia, nausea, and muscle pain. Suppose you missed the dose the take it as soon as you remember it but do not double the dose. Avoid taking the missed dose if the time of the next dose is near.
What are the side effects of Ativan?
Some common side effects of Ativan 1 mg include weakness, sedation, and balance disorder. It also causes dizziness and sleepiness, so do not drive or do anything that needed mental focus or attention until you know how this medicine will affect.
Significant or severe side effects of Ativan 1mg include Confusion, Lack of muscle control and coordination, Blood in urine, Stomach pain, Weight loss, Tremors, Overdose, Addiction, Tolerance to the impact of Ativan, Rebound anxiety, Restlessness, Depression, Memory loss, Learning difficulties, and emotional blunting.
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Ativan 1mg, talk to doctor or health care provider about other possible side effects of it, and methods to cope with it.
Most side effects of 1mg do not require medical attention because they disappear as your body adjusts with the medicine. Consult your doctor if they are continuously bothering you.
How to cope with side effects?
The happening of side effects varies from person to person. Given below are some ways of coping with some side effects.
Dizziness- This simply persists for a short period and goes away within a week. If this occurs, stop whatever you are doing and lie down in a dark and quiet room with your head slightly raised with one or two pillows until you do not feel better. Try using the medicine at bedtime to reduce the symptoms. Avoid taking alcohol, cigarette, and caffeine during the treatment.
Weakness- Make sure to take plenty of water and eat a balanced diet to keep the energy level up. Do not drive, operate machinery unless you feel better; avoid drinking alcohol. Other safety measures that can help you cope with this are gentle exercise, walking, and a short nap. If the problem continues, then inform your doctor.
What are the safety advices for Ativan 1mg?
- Alcohol- It is not safe to use alcohol during treatment; it may cause an overdose.
- Pregnancy- Ativan 1mg is generally not recommended for pregnant ladies because there is definite proof of a risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may prescribe this in some dangerous situations when the benefits are more than the risk.
- Breastfeeding- it is probably unsafe to use Ativan 1mg during breastfeeding. Human data suggest that medicine may pass into breast milk and may harm the infant.
- Driving- It is unsafe after taking Ativan 1mg because it makes you feel dizzy and sleepy, and you can’t concentrate on driving.
- Kidney and liver patients– Ativan 1 mg should be used with caution and doctor guidance. Dose adjustment may be required in these situations.